Signal is seeking a communications senior manager with razor-sharp communications skills, an inherent sense of curiosity and a bold, creative mind to serve our public relations and public affairs work in healthcare, public health, and patient advocacy.
What You'll Do:
- Work with private, state, local, and federal level public health partners to share best practices from the field and convene thought leaders
- Lead third-party alliance campaigns with organizations focused on medication access
- Establish a strategic perspective and lead the development, implementation, and delivery of digital and traditional communications solutions
- Act as an advisor to clients, keeping abreast of D.C. and health policy information
- Ensure scope, progress reporting, operating practices, and deadlines are met
The Model Candidate:
- You are a bright, engaging self-starter who thrives on collaborating with others
- You’re not waiting for direction, but rather seeking for solutions before being asked or prompted
- Can flawlessly execute the day-to-day work while seeking out opportunities to contribute and grow professionally
- Have an impeccable understanding of AP style, are detail-oriented, diligent with each task and can work on multiple initiatives under strict deadlines
- An impeccable writer and editor, able to translate complex topics into multiple formats
- Use research to form insights for client programs and growth opportunities
- Are technology savvy with an understanding of social media, the Microsoft suite and additional tools for the field such as Meltwater, Google Analytics and TV Eyes
- Experience with pitching and reporter engagement
- Have 5+ years of PR agency, in-house, or government communications experience
- Even if you don’t check every box, please still apply
Signal Group is a leader in modern public affairs. We deliver strategies and solutions driven by strategic advocacy, communications, and digital programs. Advising clients across the globe, including industry-leading companies, CEOs, governments, and non-profits, Signal offers tailored strategies for solving high-stakes challenges. We are a unique collection of top practitioners from our fields focused on delivering transformative outcomes for our client partners. We believe in supporting the growth of our team in a collaborative environment with opportunities for advancement.
Signal’s office is now open, and employees may work remotely; however, this position is based in the Washington, D.C. area.
We believe in supporting our team and offer a generous salary and benefits package. This position starts at $90,000 and the salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits and perks include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, and membership to OneMedical
- Time off including generous vacation, holidays, sick time, and winter holiday closure
- Paid parental leave and bereavement leave
- 401(k) with an employer contribution
- Annual bonus opportunity and commission for business generation
- Company cell phone or stipend for cellular service
- Public transportation benefits
- Free lunch Thursday (FLT), birthday donations to a charity of your choice, and more.
Employees are required to be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodation to receive the COVID-19 vaccination based on medical need or for religious reasons.
Signal Group is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. Signal does not discriminate in hiring, or in any other respect, on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, family responsibilities, matriculation, disability, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.